The College Library contains about 39448 books in different sections and sub-sections. The staff and students of the College and any other person specially permitted by the Principal may use the Library.
National Digital Library: https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
e-PG Pathsala: https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/
1. No book shall be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the librarian and until it has been properly entered in the loan register and attested by the borrower.
2. Each borrower must examine the condition of the books before those are issued to her, otherwise in case of mutilation discovered later the presumption will be against the borrower.
3. Books shall be returned within the period allowed to the borrower
4. When the date of the return of a book falls on an authorized holiday it may be returned to the Library on the day the Library opens
5. Anybody in possession of the library books shall return those to the Library whenever she / he receives a requisition notice for the return of the books, from the librarian.
6. Books taken out of the library must be returned to the Librarian or to the Asst. Librarian
7. No marginal notes or markings shall be made in the Library books nor shall any page be removed or torn. In case a page is found disfigured, torn or removed the penalty shall fall on the receiver
8. The Librarian will report to the Principal the names of persons responsible for improper use of the Library books
9. Although ordinarily there will be no restriction on use of book in the Library, the Principal has the right to stop the issue of certain books to all or to some intending borrowers.
10. A borrower against” whom any overdue or other charges are outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow from the Library and anyone who has got a Library deposit shall not be allowed to withdraw her/his deposit until the Library dues are cleared.
11. If any borrower keeps the Library books in her / his possession for more than the time allowed for the purpose no more books will be issued to her until the books concerned are restored to the Library. In extreme cases, the privileges of using the Library books may be denied to such persons.
12. All those who happen to be inside the Library are expected to observe complete silence. The Librarian has to see that the rule of silence is strictly observed and report any willful breach of rule.
13. The library premises should not be used for purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals of the Library.
14. The following are the list showing maximum number of books that may be issued at a time to the staff and students:
• Members of the Teaching Staff- Ten Books at a time for one month
• Astudentof+2&+3classes-OneBookatatimefor15 days.
• A student having Hons. (+3 1st year and +3 2nd year class)
• Two Books at a time. for 15 days.
• A student in +3 3rd Hons - Three Books at a time for 15 days
• Class III Employee - Three Books for fifteen days.
• Class IV Employee - Two Books at a time for 15 days.
• A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to her/ him only when nobody else wants to take the same
15. A single copy of a book shall be kept in reserve in the library. The same should not be issued in the library. The same should not be issued outside without specific written permission from the head of the institution.
Details available in college calendar.
|K.K.S. WOMEN’S COLLEGE, BALASORE|
|Issue/Renewal Date of Library Books for the year 2022-2023|
|Class||Date of Every Month||Time of Issue/Renewal|
|+2 1stYEAR ARTS||1stand 16th||10:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|+2 2ndYEAR ARTS||2nd. and 17th||10:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
+2 1stYEAR SCIENCE
3rd. and 18th
|10:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|+2 2ndYEAR SCIENCE||4th. and 19th||10:30 A.M. to12:30 P.M.|
|+3 1stYEAR SCIENCE||4th. and 19th||12:30 P.M. to 02:30 P.M.|
|+3 2ndYEAR SCIENCE||5th. and 20th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|+3 3rdYEAR SCIENCE||6th. and 21st.||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|+3 1ST YEAR ARTS|
|Phil.,H.Sc., Eng. & Sanskrit||7th. and 22nd||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|Hist., Psy., Socio., & Pol. Sc.||8th. and 23th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|Odia, Edn., & Eco.||9th. and 24th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|+3 2ND YEAR ARTS|
|Phil., H.Sc., Eng. & Sanskrit||10th. and 25th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|Hist., Psy., Socio., & Pol. Sc.||11th. and 26th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|Odia, Edn., & Eco.||12th. and 27th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|+3 3RD YEAR ARTS|
|Phil., H.Sc., Eng. & Sanskrit||13th. and 28th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|Hist., Psy., Socio., & Pol. Sc.||14th. and 29th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|
|Odia, Edn., & Eco.||15th. and 30th||01:00 A.M. to 03:00 P.M.|